Pārstāvētas visas ES valstis
- Latvija, Portugāle, Francija, Beļģija, UK, Itālija
We try to make things practical and visible – herb spiral from the practical part of permaculture workshop 2011.
Ikskile Transition Initiative appreciates new and innovative kinds of local businesses and services – like birch sap wine making and juicer service for locals.
Permaculture workshop 2012 will be organised in co-operation with Ikskile Free School. Probably, a permaculture school garden will be designed and built.
Movie screenings, permaculture workshops and lectures about transition model have reached hundreds of people.
Ikskile Transition Initiative has 8 members at the moment, but way much greater plans and ambitions.
Linking art, practical skills and environmental awareness – that is our approach to get the local society involved.
Ikskile Transition Initiative aims to promote local agriculture and production. Hemp is a good example of locally available sustainable raw material that can transform into building material, food, clothes and heating pellets.
• Getting hands dirty – the practical part of permaculture workshop 2010. Building a vertical plant bed.
• The team of children from Ikskile participate in “The Sun`s Cup” – competition to make the fastest toy boat powered by solar energy.
• Ikskile Transition Initiative always tries to ensure cosy atmosphere and space for discussions after each movie screening or speech by expert.
• Students playing “Mobility” game that was given to Ikskile Transition Initiative by Dr. Klaus Renoldner (Austria).
“The Day of Ecology” in Ikskile Secondary School form 10 and form 11.
• Environmental education through recreation -open-air festival “The Song of the River” dedicated for the nature and river. People can relax listening concert after trying hand in arts and crafts workshops.
• Project “Green Movies in Green Ikskile” in October 2010. Local inhabitants discuss global and local challenges after screening of “Community Solutions: How Cuba Survived the Peak Oil” and “Energy Crossroads”.
• Praxis of permaculture in urban environment. The coop of ducks as an example of key element in small back-yard garden giving nurturing to people, composting and joy for children.
• The practical part of permaculture workshop 2011. Building a model of rocket stove.
• Our member Arturs Polis is giving lectures about permaculture, gardening and green living to local inhabitants. This is an effort to preserve the green environment of Ikskile and to improve the wellbeing of those living here.
Permakultūras praktiskie eksperimenti
Lucy Neal (Transition Town Toothing) visiting Ikskile and organizing Case for Optimism 6 (C4O6) workshop in Riga in January 2012.
• The leading postulate claims that a human being is good in its essence, able to express itself, willing to form his life proactively. One has the freedom of choice and his individual style of living. By acknowledging this, teacher accepts child as he is and respects the unique experience he has.
• The education and cognitive process cannot be separated from active recreation and work at Free School.
• Every autumn in the country side of Ikskile County, at homestead “Lielupes” our member Ilze Sauleskalne organize open air festival “The Song of the River” dedicated for the nature and river. It`s a long day packed with different arts and crafts workshops, educational lectures and concerts.
• It is possible to experience authentic Latvian black sauna and herb sauna at “Lielupes”, as well as to try weaving, watch potters` masterpieces, taste homemade bread and herb tea. River travellers can set up a tent and make a bonfire.
• Hemp is traditionally well-known plant in Latvia. Industrial hemp is special with its high quality fibre, wood and seeds, which contain oil that is used in medicine, cosmetics and food. However, it does not contain hallucinogen substances.
• Our member Guntis Vilnitis has brought together hemp farmers and refiners in Latvian Industrial Hemp Association which promotes the use of renewable materials. It is possible to produce building materials, heating pellets and textiles by using hemp.
Smiltenieši iepazīstas ar permakultūras koncepciju
Dalībnieki pie raķeškrāsns
10. klase klausās lekciju par ilgtspējīgu attīstību