• Environmental education through recreation -open-air festival “The Song of the River” dedicated for the nature and river. People can relax listening concert after trying hand in arts and crafts workshops.
• The practical part of permaculture workshop 2011. Building a model of rocket stove.
• The team of children from Ikskile participate in “The Sun`s Cup” – competition to make the fastest toy boat powered by solar energy.
• Getting hands dirty – the practical part of permaculture workshop 2010. Building a vertical plant bed.
• Praxis of permaculture in urban environment. The coop of ducks as an example of key element in small back-yard garden giving nurturing to people, composting and joy for children.
• Students playing “Mobility” game that was given to Ikskile Transition Initiative by Dr. Klaus Renoldner (Austria).
• Ikskile Transition Initiative always tries to ensure cosy atmosphere and space for discussions after each movie screening or speech by expert.
• Team of students has gained the 1st prize in the “Mobility” for finding the best and most sustainable means of daily transportation habits.
• Project “Green Movies in Green Ikskile” in October 2010. Local inhabitants discuss global and local challenges after screening of “Community Solutions: How Cuba Survived the Peak Oil” and “Energy Crossroads”.
“The Day of Ecology” in Ikskile Secondary School form 10 and form 11.
IPI jeb Ikšķiles pārmaiņu iniciatīva ir Baltijā pirmā iedzīvotāju pašorganizēšanās, lai veicinātu pilsētas ilgtspējīgu attīstību, un jo īpaši - neatkarību no fosilajiem energoresursiem un klimatu mainošo gāzu emisiju samazināšanu.