• Environmental education through recreation -open-air festival “The Song of the River” dedicated for the nature and river. People can relax listening concert after trying hand in arts and crafts workshops.
• Project “Green Movies in Green Ikskile” in October 2010. Local inhabitants discuss global and local challenges after screening of “Community Solutions: How Cuba Survived the Peak Oil” and “Energy Crossroads”.
• Students playing “Mobility” game that was given to Ikskile Transition Initiative by Dr. Klaus Renoldner (Austria).
• Praxis of permaculture in urban environment. The coop of ducks as an example of key element in small back-yard garden giving nurturing to people, composting and joy for children.
• Ikskile Transition Initiative always tries to ensure cosy atmosphere and space for discussions after each movie screening or speech by expert.
• Team of students has gained the 1st prize in the “Mobility” for finding the best and most sustainable means of daily transportation habits.
• Getting hands dirty – the practical part of permaculture workshop 2010. Building a vertical plant bed.
“The Day of Ecology” in Ikskile Secondary School form 10 and form 11.
• The practical part of permaculture workshop 2011. Building a model of rocket stove.
• The team of children from Ikskile participate in “The Sun`s Cup” – competition to make the fastest toy boat powered by solar energy.
IPI jeb Ikšķiles pārmaiņu iniciatīva ir Baltijā pirmā iedzīvotāju pašorganizēšanās, lai veicinātu pilsētas ilgtspējīgu attīstību, un jo īpaši - neatkarību no fosilajiem energoresursiem un klimatu mainošo gāzu emisiju samazināšanu.